Skip to the content
- Reuters, “Chinese warship passed in ‘unsafe manner’ near destroyer in Taiwan Strait, US says,” 4 Jun., 2023, https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/chinese-warship-passed-unsafe-manner-near-us-destroyer-taiwan-strait-us-2023-06-04/, accessed 5 Jun, 2023.
- Associated Press, “China criticizes US plan for trade deal with Taiwan,” 8 Jun., 2023, https://apnews.com/article/china-criticizes-taiwan-united-states-trade-deal-3602c2299c451203a537143926b7cd31, accessed 8 Jun., 2023.
- John King Fairbank and Merle Goldman, China: A New History, Kindle Edition (Cambridge, MA: Belknap Press, 2006).
- Treaty of Versailles, Section VIII, Articles 156–158. See https://books.google.com/books?id=ItATAAAAIAAJ .
- Lindsay Maizland, “Backgrounder: Why China-Taiwan Relations Are So Tense,” Council on Foreign Relations at https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/china-taiwan-relations-tension-us-policy-biden , updated 18 Apr., 2023, accessed 7 Jun., 2023.
- Associated Press, “Honduras has opened an embassy in China after breaking off ties with Taiwan,” at https://www.npr.org/2023/06/11/1181542535/honduras-has-opened-an-embassy-in-china-after-breaking-off-ties-with-taiwan, accessed 11 Jun., 2023.
- Republic of China, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, “Diplomatic Allies” at https://en.mofa.gov.tw/AlliesIndex.aspx?n=1294&sms=1007 , accessed 7 Jun., 2023.
- The Economist, “How Taiwan is shaped by its history and identity: Understanding Taiwan requires study of its history,” at https://www.economist.com/special-report/2023/03/06/how-taiwan-is-shaped-by-its-history-and-identity , accessed 12 Jun., 2023.